Sunday, January 13, 2013

2013 Is a Year for Working Hard *Wink*

Shhh don't tell anyone, but I'm blogging on the clock.

Happy New Year, you crazy cats! As we are all making our New Year's resolutions and reflecting on the year put to rest, I can't help but to regret that my outfits weren't as rocking in 2012 as I had hoped. I had some moments, but there was always something missing... and then I realized what it was. THE SHOES. So,  among my many claims for the New Year like:

  • Get fit
  • Quit smoking
  • Get a PMP certification
  • Write a business proposal for my gramps
  • Master rock climbing
The last and one and the one I hold dearest to my heart is to work on my growing my collection of heels and boots.

Now I know you're thinking, "What kind of New Year's Resolution is that?", but you must not know who I am.... or more importantly, my shoe size. I am a rare breed of lady that wheres a size 4 women's shoe. Most stores carry at the smallest a 5. This means that while my girlfriends are taking advantage of incredible shoe discounts, I cannot participate. Believe me, I have out of vain and it has resulted in a number of shoes given away after being worn only once.

I only recently discovered that Sam Edelman in fact makes a size 4 in most styles. (I've clearly been living under a rock). If you know this designer, you also know that this is not the "$20-wear-for-1-season-and-throw-away" type of shoe. SO I must RESOLVE to invest in my footwear and to not spend another morning/day/night wishing my outfit looked better or that I lived in a quiet hippie beach commune where shoes are optional.

Here are a couple of great finds though! The Michael Kors grey bootie with buckle was found by Heather in San Francisco in a ROSS on my birthday! (it's not wonder her store is filled with all kinds of goodies!) The Sam Edelman was found by my friend Jenni and her mom at a ROSS too!

xoxo - kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment