Today, I was given the opportunity to volunteer as a Personal Stylist for a free Fab'rik event for Fab'rik Boutique's charity. The boutique gathered donations of gently used clothing donated at their several locations and transformed their Atlantic Station storefront into a free shopping spree event for young women in need. Each participant was paired with a volunteer stylist and I got to spend a day doing what I love. I was able to meet many extraordinary young women from such organizations as Wellspring Living and talk to them about clothing, their personal style, and to help them pick out items for the coming school year. This was such an uplifting experience to meet the young ladies, the volunteers and to spend time at a boutique with a sense of community and giving back to the city I love, Atlanta. If that wasn't enough, I was also able to spend the morning/afternoon with a near and dear friend, Panee!


We often talk on our blog about how clothing and style allow you to express yourself - a phrase that's frequently tossed around lightly. I read on Amy Creyer's Chicago Street Style, "Fashion allows us to completely reinvent ourselves every morning." --and I couldn't agree more. Having a choice in fashion is empowering because you get to select how your outward appearance will reflect your inner self (what you're thinking, how you feel, what's important to you) every single day. One young lady I helped style mused that she often changed her outfits a few times a day, and I applauded her because sometimes we don't feel the same all day long, do we? Bottom line, I think it's great that there are organizations out there like free Fab'rik ensuring that young women are provided the tools to express themselves on this very basic level.