Friday, August 3, 2012

Lollapalooza for Lollapa-losers


by: Heather






Alright so maybe losers is a little harsh, but it's tough to know that the amazing Lollapalooza is going down and I moved away from the lovely city of Chicago just a short 3 months ago. I only graced this amazing music festival one time (shout out to Aimee, my birthday buddy who joined me! and also to my wonderful husband Patrick who gifted us the tickets!) but it was a memorable time. And it stings to know that even if I didn't buy tickets, if I still lived there I would probably be benefiting from the open air jams by chilling with some friends close enough to hear the music for free.
So if you want to virtually live the experience, here's my Five step guide to Lollapa-loser:

1. Experience the live streaming jams from the comfort of your computer. Or check out the schedule and follow along with your own library.

2. Check out the eclectic street style of concert-goers from around the world fresh from the lenses by following @tresawesome on twitter. And past ones here and here and here. Bonus point for channeling your inner festival fashionista and putting together your best Lolla worthy outfit and posting to our Facebook page.
3. Ride your nearest public transit train with extreme excited-ness and high five as many people as possible while shouting "Lollpalooooooooza!". **Subject to safety of your particular area of residence-this is your judgement call

4. Grab an authentic Chicago hot dog. Chow down, pretend concert-going really works up an appetite. Wash it all down with an Old Style.

5. This one is optional, but certainly the most memorable. Grab some paint and splatter yourself and your friends like an old school Spin Art game. Then lay out in a hammock and enjoy. **This one is not totally necessary but it was definitely the part I remember most!
 Ok guys, have fun and be safe out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment