Sunday, August 19, 2012

Acrewd's Guide to Treasure Hunting: Part One

by: Heather
 
Step 1: Turn regular travel into shopping trip


One of the greatest reasons for starting acrewd e-boutique is the thrill of the hunt for unique apparel treasures. For me, finding the inventory serves as an adventure as I get to travel and bring back items to make available to you in the comfort of your home. Iwant to bring you those timeless one-of-a-kind fashions and accessories that bring life to your everyday wardrobe. Not everyone has the time to wander aimlessly through antique markets and thrift stores, nor does everyone have the desire to, but I sure do! So I'll take you through my most recent shopping trip and where it took me.

My husband and I recently went on a trip to Blairsville, Georgia in the north Georgia mountains to visit his family's cabin. I saw this as a chance to build my inventory, take the dogs for a much needed swim in the lake, and to stop by one of my favorite BBQ restaurants Poole's BBQ in Ellijay, GA. The next day, we went exploring the nearby area and drive without much purpose. We found a great antique shop, Victoria's Antique Mall, near Young Harris, GA nestled in a small shopping center. It was full of antique furniture, costume jewelry, hats, clothing, fur wraps, purses...anything you can think of. You'll see some of these finds in the accessory and vintage pages of our store. 

Another great find on this trip was a whimsical little shop and studio called the Sleepy Hollow. There's a ton of information on their site but to highlight a few points, the artist at this shop touts such credits as work for Disney, Dollywood and Neverland Ranch. For a side trip that began as a complicated U-turn, it turned out to be one of those hidden gems and something we felt lucky to stumble upon. Not your ordinary shop in the north GA mountains. Then again, that's part of why we love this.

Below are some of our favorite shots and inventory from the trip!

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment